*1 cup of crumbled blue cheese
*1 tablespoon of nonfat buttermilk
*5 ounces fat-free cream cheese, softened
*3 ounces reduced fat cream cheese, softened
*2 or 3 large minced pitted Dates
*1 tablespoon minced shallots
*1/2 teaspoon grated lemon rind
*1/4 teaspoon salt (optional)
*1/4 teaspoon black pepper
*1/4 cup minced parsley
*2 ½ tablespoons finely chopped walnuts, toasted
1. Place crumbled blue cheese, nonfat buttermilk, fat-free cream cheese and reduced fat cream cheese in a large bowl; beat with a mixer until smooth and creamy. Add the dates, shallots, lemon rind, salt and pepper, beat again until mixed well and smooth.
2. Spoon cheese mixture onto a large sheet of plastic wrap, form this into a ball using a rubber spatula. Wrap cheese ball in plastic wrap and chill overnight.
3. Combine parsley and walnuts in a shallow dish. Unwrap cheese ball, gently roll in the nut mixture, coating the entire ball. Place on a serving plate. Serve immediately, or cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Seared Beef Tenderloin Mini Sandwiches with Horseradish
*4 cup fat-free sour cream, slightly softened
*1/8 cup Dijon mustard
*1 tbsp minced fresh tarragon
*1 tbsp prepared horseradish
*1 (0.75 pound beef tenderloin, trimmed)
*1/4 tsp ground black pepper
*1tbsp fresh lemon juice
*1.5 cups trimmed watercress (1 bunch)
*1 tbsp capers
*1/4 cup shaved Parmesan cheese
1. Combine the first 4 ingredients, stirring well with a whisk, cover and chill
2. Secure beef at 2-inch intervals with twine. Sprinkle beef with pepper. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add beef to pan; cook 15 minutes or until desired degree of doneness, turning frequently. Let stand 15 minutes. Cut into 16 slices. Sprinkle with juice
3. Arrange watercress evenly on crackers. Place 1 beef slice and about ½ tablespoon chilled sauce over each cracker. Arrange capers and cheese evenly over sauce.
*1.5 cups chopped peeled Granny Smith apple
*1/4 cup vertically sliced red onion
*1/4 cup golden raisins
*1/6 cup white wine vinegar
*1/8 cup granulated sugar
*1/8 cup packed brown sugar
*1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
*1/4 tsp ground cardamom
*1/8 tsp salt
*1/8 tsp ground ginger
*1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
*2 ounces Brie cheese, thinly sliced
*20 Yucasabe crackers
*Thyme sprigs (optional)
1. Combine first 11 ingredients in a large saucepan, bring to a boil. Cover, reduce hear, and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Uncover and cook for 5 minutes or until slightly thick, stirring occasionally. Cool.
2. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
3. Set out 20 Yucasabe crackers. Spread ¾ of tbsp compote over each cracker, top each with 1 piece of cheese. Arrange the slices on a large baking sheet. Bake at 400 degrees for 5 minutes or until cheese melts. Garnish with thyme sprigs, if desired.
Baked Brie with golden raisins
The Cheese Nut's Party Dip